Monday, November 2, 2015

Malanyaon is Outstanding Governor of PH



MAKATI CITY, November 2, 2015 --- For being the “best prime mover of government programs deemed worthy of emulation and recognition,” Davao Oriental Governor Corazon Malanyaon is among this year’s Outstanding Governor of the Philippines awardees.
 Ceremonies for the prestigious Outstanding Governorship Awards 2015 was held in Makati City on October 28, 2015 being conferred by the award-giving body Superbrands. Only six of the country’s provincial governors have qualified for the awards. 

Aside from Governor Malanyaon, this year’s awardees are Governor Wilhelmino Sy-Alvarado of Bulacan, Governor Faustino BojieDy III of Isabela, Governor Mujiv Hataman of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao, Governor Maria Imelda Imee Marcos of Ilocos Norte, and Governor Miguel Luis Migz Villafuerte of Camarines Sur. 

“Your success and remarkable achievements as a public servant has been recognized not only by this organization. We are proud to have you in our list of honorees and we hope you continue your sincere dedication and commitment in all your future endeavors,” says Harry Tambuatco, president and chief executive officer of the Superbrands Marketing International Incorporated, an award-giving body engaged in consumer and service products.

In her acceptance speech, Malanyaon, who earlier bagged this year’s Seal of Good Local Governance Award from the Department of Interior and Local Government, says: “When I was elected as governor of the province of Davao Oriental eight and a half years ago, back in 2007, I knew then that the path I would take will be filled with challenges that would put to test my desire and commitment to serve my fellowmen, the best way I could. To me, it was the fulfillment of a vision that I have always nurtured of helping and seeing my province attain a degree of sustainable development that would harness the potentials of its God-given resources as well as the innate skills and abilities of its people. Indeed I was proven right. I encountered  numerous and varied development concerns ranging from health, malnutrition, education, peace and order, environment, agricultural productivity, infrastructure, disaster and risk management, governance and a lot more. Duty-bound, all these I have to confront head-on, but for me, always with passion. These same challenges presented opportunities which I seized, opportunities to introduce change, to innovate, to educate and capacitate, to build, to make things better, to empower, to make a difference, and to make Davao Oriental a better place to live in.” (Ferdinand Zuasola DavOr PIO)

No comments:

Post a Comment