DAVAO CITY, Nov 23 (PIA) Mayor Rodrigo Duterte looks at terrorism and extortion to be the primary angles being pursued by authorities behind the explosion inside a passenger van last Wednesday at Eco-west Drive in Matina.
He said the operator had been receiving extortion demand from unknown perpetrators and continued to resist from giving.
Duterte said he does not also discount the possibility of terrorism to be behind the incident.
“At this early, we already have a tracking device and we would know. Maybe the police is in the position to announce its findings on the incident,” he said.
Last Friday, the Davao City Police Office released the composite sketch of the suspect in the van blast.
The unidentified suspect is male, 5'1-5'2 in height, medium built, age between 35-40 yrs old, white complexion, wearing black jacket and blue maong pants with black ball cap.
The public is urged to report immediately and Dial 911 or Isumbong mo kang CD DCPO text Hotline 09258233276 any sighting of the suspect.
Herman Daag, the van driver recalled that before arrival at the SM Van Terminal, three passengers remained.
He said a male passenger disembarked in front of the terminal, while his two other passengers, a male and a female got off inside the terminal.
Investigation continues as of press time. (PIA 11-Joey Sem G. Dalumpines)