The Palace has condemned the abduction of five officers of the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Davao City last week.
"We join the PNP in condemning this lawless act against our police officers, who were performing their duty to protect the security and well-being of our people," Communication Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. said in a statement issued on Tuesday (April 19).
The Palace official said the PNP is exerting efforts to apprehend the suspects, while ensuring the safety of police officers.
According to news reports, five PNP personnel on board patrol car No. 82 of the Davao City Police Office, were abducted at about noon on April 16 by heavily armed men. (PCOO News Release)