Tuesday, January 19, 2016

OP affirms prioritization of CES members for appointment

As of 28 December 2015, 57% or 1, 087 of the total number of occupied CES positions in the bureaucracy are occupied by Career Executive Service Officers (CESOs) and CES Eligibles (CESEs) while 43% or 828 CES positions are occupied by Non-CESOs and Non-Eligibles based on the latest CES Occupancy Statistics Report generated by the Career Executive Service Board (CESB).

Of the total number of 2, 781 CES positions, there remain 866 vacant CES positions in the executive branch, almost all (863) of which are from the national government agencies (NGAs). The top three NGAs which posted the highest number of vacant CES positions are 1) Department of Education (226); 2) Department of Agrarian Reform (82); and 3) Department of the Interior and Local Government (78).

Executive Secretary Paquito N. Ochoa, Jr. issued a memorandum on December 15, 2015, directing all Department Secretaries or Heads of Agency to submit to the President all recommendations for appointment and/ or promotion to CES positions of qualified candidates who are either CESEs or CESOs with appropriate ranks.

This directive affirms anew existing efforts to promote merit, uphold professionalism and strengthen careerism in the civil service by ensuring more members of the CES are appointed to CES positions.

To facilitate faster coordination in the placement and movement of officials, the Roster of CES Eligibles and CESOs in CES and Non-CES positions by Agency, and the CES Occupancy Statistics Report as of 28 December 2015 are made available for download by the CESB in this website. (CES Board)

Continuing complaints of SAF 44 kin justify reopening of Mamasapano probe--Sen. Marcos
Senator Ferdinand "Bongbong" R. Marcos, Jr. has said unfulfilled promises from the government and the continuing cries for justice from families of the SAF (Special Action Force) 44 justify the reopening of the Senate probe on the January 25, 2015 Mamasapano massacre.

"Almost a year has passed after the Mamasapano massacre and yet we continue to hear complaints from some of the kin of the SAF 44 that they have yet to receive the assistance the government promised to them," Marcos said.

He cited report quoting widows of slain SAF commandos, namely Virgie Viernes and Merlyn Gamutan, who bared that they have yet to receive the aid pledged by the government. "Drawing lang po," Viernes said when asked about the promised aid from the government.

Marcos said the complaint of the two widows of SAF 44 runs counter to the statement the Philippine National Police leadership issued last July claiming they have provided about P80 million in cash aid for all the kin of the SAF 44 as well as scholarship benefits for children of the slain policemen.

"But what the families of the SAF 44 are asking most from the government is justice for their loved ones. Yet until now no case has been filed in court to prosecute those responsible," said Marcos.

"We owe it to the families of the SAF heroes to resolve these issues and the Senate investigation will allow us the opportunity to do that," he added.

Marcos has consistently prodded the Department of Justice to speed up its preliminary investigation on the Mamasapano massacre and file appropriate charges in court to begin the process of giving justice to the victims.

The Senate reopened the Mamasapano investigation on the strength of a motion from Minority Leader, Sen. Juan Ponce Enrile, who demanded the resumption of the probe as early as October last year on the ground that he has new evidence regarding the incident. (Senate)

No comments:

Post a Comment